What's in a name?

Some people have noticed that I'm publishing my dragon shifter paranormal romances under the name "Kim Frost" rather than "Kimberly Frost." It was a tough decision to do so, but I went ahead with the switch for 3 reasons. 

First, I wanted readers to be aware that there would be something different about these books than my main established series. The tone of the Winterverse Dragon books is not comedic (though my usual wit does play a role. After all, I have the kick-ass main character of Hunted Dragon Mate faking amnesia in the early scenes.) In addition, the love/sex scenes in the story are more detailed and have stronger language than I've used before. That's just a reflection of the current trend in romance. 

And finally, I wanted to target a slightly different readership than I'd targeted before. With the Southern Witch series, my readers were urban fantasy and humorous mystery readers in addition to paranormal romance readers. The Winterverse dragon books are paranormal romantic suspense, and I want to be sure to focus on paranormal romance readers.

HIGHLIGHTS:

Southern Witch = light, laugh-out-loud funny, absurd, contains a mystery

Winterverse Dragons = not absurd, witty but not comedic, very sexy/steamy with the language to match

* Both series are action-packed and have roots in fae folklore 

* Both series have kick-butt heroines. (Jesse, of Hunted Dragon Mate could easily be cast in an urban fantasy.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PARAPALOOZA - Day 1

PARAPALOOZA - Day 2

PARAPALOOZA - Day 3