The Soap Lady


Today I was at a presentation for writers, and the presenter was sharing anecdotes. She mentioned that for a time there was a rather prolific reader who devoured romance novels and, if she found any profanity in a story, would write a letter to the author threatening to send them a bar of soap to wash out their mouths.

At today's presentation, there were a couple of published authors in the audience who had received these poisoned pen letters. But it has apparently been some time since anyone has heard from The Soap Lady. Obviously she was very passionate in her mission to rid the world of profanity. This, of course, made the mystery fan in me wonder: what happened to her?

Did she:

1.) Give up on her quest to sanitize literature's language?

2.) Move to another genre of books?

3.) Go to a Tarantino movie and die of shock?

Have a great weekend,
Kimber the Curious


Comments

Man Candy Fans said…
I think the Soap Lady would make a hilarious character!
Michele L. said…
That is so funny! I can't imagine anyone doing that to you guys! I think your books are awesome!
Anonymous said…
I think it more likely she saw a Kevin Smith movie and keeled over. (Clerks almost got an NC-17 rating for language alone).

Maybe she saw A Christmas Story one too many times. That's the only movie I can think of that a character actually got their mouth washed out with a bar of soap.

Rick
Kimberly Frost said…
Vicky -

SO true! She'd totally fit into one of the books in the Southern Witch series. (I wonder if she'd fit in one of your historicals? When did that "I'll wash your mouth out with soap." get started?
Kimberly Frost said…
Michele -

Thank you so much!
Kimberly Frost said…
Rick -

Hee hee hee. I love Clerks, and I love A Christmas Story. But then I think you know that. ;)
My grandmother won't read books with profanity but she wouldn't stoop to sending a bar of soap to the author! She is 94. She reads a lot of my old books, but I'm careful in what I give to her.

What a funny concept.

dancealert at aol dot com

Popular posts from this blog

PARAPALOOZA - Day 1

PARAPALOOZA - Day 2

PARAPALOOZA - Day 3