The Official Website of Kimberly Frost
Home Bio Blog Books Events Extras Newsletter Contact
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Mimosa Tuesday
"In spite of the cost of living, it's still popular." Kathleen Norris

I went to something called an exit interview today. I checked some boxes to describe my experiences, positive and negative, at the full-time job I was leaving. I looked for a check box that said: I am leaving because I am insane. There wasn't a box. I guess not many people admit to insanity on that sort of form. Other forms yes.

I had a year-and-a-half old bottle of champagne from a party I threw. I don't usually serve champagne and didn't on that night either, but one likes to be prepared in case a celebration breaks out at a party.

I mixed the champagne with some orange juice fortified with calcium and antioxidants. Right, thereby converting it into health food. I ate organic strawberries and toasted a new life...one in which I suspect a perfectly lovely hobby, writing, will turn into a perfectly wretched way of making a living. Despite this concern, I am inordinately cheerful. This has to do with a terribly ingrained and unflagging optimism, which is not particularly realistic, but which I recommend wholeheartedly along with a small pitcher of mimosas and a very good literary agent.

Labels:

3 Comments

  1. Best of luck to you in your new endeavor! I've taken a similar plunge, so I know how scary it is.

    Btw, *love* the quote!


  2. Thanks, Colleen. :)


  3. Hoorah! You've joined the ranks of the loonies! I'm glad you celebrated!


Post a Comment