Characters in search of titles...



"Adults are always asking kids what they want to be when they grow up because they are looking for ideas." Paula Poundstone

"No one can be exactly like me. Sometimes even I have trouble doing it." Tallulah Bankhead

Happy Sunday, everyone!

Don't you find it amazing that there is more than one person in the world named Tallulah? I've been struggling to name characters, but luckily there are baby-naming books to help. Back on the subject of Tallulahs, I wish Demi & Bruce would've called. I'd have loaned them my copy.

Comments

Kimberly Frost said…
For those who celebrate it, Happy Easter. :)
fiaschetti said…
David and Trisha are keen to name their unborn baby boy Maynard--after the lead singer of a band named Tool.
Larry Kollar said…
Weekend… bang! zoom! it's gone. Wish I'd had the foresight to slip out & head to France with the rest of you guys.

Naming characters can be difficult. Sometimes I just grab an Atlanta phone directory and pick out a first & last name at random. Sometimes I think of someone I know who is like the character and that person donates his/her last name.
Anonymous said…
I have a character named Tallulah. Remember Penny's incredibly loud little sister, Tootles? Her real name is Tallulah Bankhead Sweet. The parents had the name forced on them by Queen Zina. This all may change, I suppose.

- David
Kimberly Frost said…
Sandy - You already know my feelings on Maynard. ;)

Far - That's a good approach. My phone books never seem to be handy, but maybe I need to pull them out.

David - LOL. I forgot that Tootles' real name was Tallulah. Did I know that?

Popular posts from this blog

PARAPALOOZA - Day 1

PARAPALOOZA - Day 2

PARAPALOOZA - Day 3