Intrepid Tuesday




































"There is no cure for life or death except to try to enjoy the interval." George Santayana

The triumphant hiker in the top photograph is Helen H. She has accompanied her father, my colleague Stephen, to most of the cocktail parties I have had at my Houston home. I have found that among 20 - 30 adults and no children, she is remarkably self-confident and also much less prone to spill things from her party glass after several refills than most of the other party-goers or myself. In other words, she makes an ideal guest, and I suspect that one day she will conquer the world as well as she conquered this mountain. She is pictured at the top of Black Crater Mountain in central Oregon with Mt. Jefferson in the background.

The other stunning picture is of the north slope (looking north) of Crater Lake in the late afternoon. Thanks to Helen's father for the great travel photos.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PARAPALOOZA - Day 1

PARAPALOOZA - Day 2

PARAPALOOZA - Day 3